Again I forgot to photograph the ‘before’ but this was a standard, crew neck sweater, another charity shop purchase cost about £3. I forgot to mention that the first step I take with any of these charity shop purchases is to throw them in the washing machine. If they don’t survive, well shrug….. but they do need to be clean!
I cut out the crew neck, made a small pleat in the centre front and covered the raw edges of the new neckline with a strip of lace from an old skirt.
I chopped off the sleeves that were VERY long, then reattached part of them to form a faux cuff.
I opened up the side seams, chopped off the sleeves from a cream lace blouse and cut them into long triangles. I sewed the lace triangles into the side seams.
I cut the ribbing off the bottom and attached the lace and satin panel from the skirt. Et voila a new bohemian style top with a bit of swing. I still think there’s something missing from this one. Tempted to make a fabric flower to sit on the neckline at the top of the pleat.
Edit: here’s the finishing touch.